Between the outrageous kickboxing lessons, the house-sitting gig, work, and occasionally popping in to my own home to pet kitty, I'm exhausted. My brain AND body hurts. I miss my boyfriend and I cannot wait to go to bed.
I wish I liked my kickboxing class. Right now, I dread it with my heart & soul. This is my fault getting me & KMHD involved in this awful mess. I went in wanting to work on my self-discipline and get in shape. Those goals are currently listed as No. 3 & 4 behind No. 1's "I just want to survive this particular session" and No. 2's "I do not want to get injured."
I will try to paint a picture of what our class is like. First of all, there's no entry level class. The white/yellow belts (That's us!) are there the same time the green belts and higher are. So, we are doing the same exact exercises they are doing and it is so hard. Me & KMHD, we aren't getting any lessons on form, meaning that we don't know how to properly put up our jabbing fist, we know no blocks, or how to pivot on the ball of our foot. We barely know how to tie our dumb belts! We're just kinda taking orders (poorly, but A + + for effort) from Master Lee, trying our best to mimic the better students and getting worked out from head-to-toe. By the time class is over, I am in pain, I want to kick Master Lee in the face, I want to cry, and I want to quit. I could not do this if KMHD was not there.
But, we end up going back. Maybe it's because we put down some serious cash to sign-up. Or maybe it's because we know that the longer we do this, the more accustomed we'll be, and we'll just get better. Sometimes we have to pow-wow and amp ourselves up to even go. It would be so easy to quit. At this point, the novelty of learning a martial art has dissipated, this is some serious shit. I just want to be able to do ten push ups w/o embarrassing myself. Losing weight or getting in shape doesn't mean much anymore when all I can focus on is endurance. Isn't that good, though, this shift of focus? I've been told by people who work-out regularly that our bodies start craving physical activity. WHEN?! I'm holding out for that. Too, we may need to speak to Master Lee on helping us out a bit, I mean, we do need some guidance here.
We gave ourselves a 6 month goal. March 11, 2009. That's when we can throw in the towel and try something new. I'm really curious as to what will happen then, but for now, I am counting the days.
Ha, on a lighter note, KMHD came up with a hysterical business plan. It was inspired by Master Lee and other jerks across the globe. If you are stressed and you just want to pound on someone to vent or "just 'cuz" (oooh, violence!), then come on down to "Beat me up, Scotty!" A trained pro will put on protective gear and just let you kick or punch the crap out of them for a nominal fee! You'll feel so much better! I love my sister.
House sitting is alright. They have a nice shower with a real bathtub, not the crappy plastic kind that we have. Too, they have a humongous television, but I've been too tired to care. They have CUTE pets, Lucy (doggy) & Omar Little (kitty). I love Lucy (ha), but Omar is a monster. He's already knocked over my boss' beloved bonsai plant which I may have to take it to a green thumb for emergency repair. Sigh. And the commute is hell. I've yet to shop @ fancy Kroger or eat at Za Za's. Again, too tired. Maybe this weekend!
Here we go.
17 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(153)
-
▼
September
(16)
- This past camping trip was great, it was just me &...
- Oh, my my my!
- Eclipse Glasses Banda & Western Meds
- All bets are ON!
- WARNING: Someone's feelin feisty!
- Saturday was easily spent. We went to a yard sale...
- I'm in the market for some new shoes. I've got th...
- This is Omar Little:You'll have to look for her, b...
- I've been tired
- Giving Sunday the Bird.
- Let's catch up!
- Perdido Key, Florida / September 2008
- No title
- 36 straight hours of rain, by my count! The cat b...
- ATM @ Vino's during Obama's Nomination Acceptance ...
- Happy Labor Duh!
-
▼
September
(16)
5 comments:
Is the heading a Pixies reference? I love that song, btw.
What a validating post. It made me chuckle, want to cry and hungry all at the same time.
man yells will help keep you going!
for serious though, it is so tough that you are going through with it! i'm proud. and i can already see a difference!
xo
and by "...so tough that you..." i mean badass!
Don't you mean "tuff", ATM?
I'm impressed. I don't like classes, except for my relaxed, funny, supportive, all-women, tooootally hippy yoga class...so I'm muy impressed that you're in a class w/ more experienced people.
I like your business idea. It'd be great if the beatee could also wear a mask of George W. Bush, ex-boyfriends, mothers, bosses, a-holes who cut you off in traffic, cancer, your metabolism, banks, or anything else that pisses you off.
Kim, yes, the Pixies. I have that line running through my head a lot, the "...don't give me no shit because...I BEEN TIRED..!" I'm glad you feel validated. We are completely bonkers for doing this, you know. I'm just glad we're doing it together!
Andrew, your being proud of me means a lot,you are my inspiration. I hope that doesn't sound trite because I mean it. I want to be healthy, mind and body, for me & for you, too. I feel that being healthy helps me have better relationships, especially ours. Aw, babe.
Alannah, THANK YOU! This class is crazy hard. I feel like I must enjoy punishment & torture on some level because I pretty much signed us up for evil boot camp.
In vein with your idea that the beatee represent someone/something, I was holding a kicking pad for Kim to practice her sidekicks. I yelled, "SARAH PALIN!" and she kicked the damn pad so hard, I nearly fell over. I guess you can say that S.P. is an inspiration after all.
Post a Comment